Monday, February 26, 2018

Blog Post 5


Image result for PASA afterzoneI am interested in becoming a Program Manager later in my career. Before, becoming a Program Manager I am interested in becoming a site coordinator. The site coordinator main responsibility is to plan activities, collect data, and oversee the staff members. The Program Manager has similar tasks to complete too, but they have more responsibilities. I am interested in becoming a Program Manager because it will give me an opportunity to train the staff members about I have learned about working with youth. I am also interested in this position because you have that power to make many decisions. I gained interest in this position when I was a Program Assistant for the Bell Program (organization). As the Program Assistant, I was responsible for assisting the Program Manager. I had the opportunity to learn more about the position by witnessing her perform all her task. Although, it seemed challenging it seemed like a really rewarding job. It is more than just recording data, filing, and overseeing the staff members.



What education, training, or experience prepared the staff for the role?
Rebecca is the Program Manager at PASA. She has various experience working with the youth. She started her career as a support staff and later in her career became a Site Coordinator. Rebecca also participated in volunteer work with college students before becoming a Program Manager. All of the roles she played, helped her get the position she is has now.

Education - B.A in English (Rhode Island College)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post Nathali. It's cool that you got to see the program manager role up close in your prior work. It sounds like you're really interesting in staff training and professional development. Is that right?

    ReplyDelete

Against Philanthropy

Article: Against Philanthropy The authors of the  “Against philanthropy” article argue that they are against Philanthropy. Most ph...